Main Menu
On-line in Portal
» Guests: 2
» Members: 0
Users on Chat now
Short Messages

Coregamer
31-07-2022 10:52
Add mor emaps, admin to server like Alien invasion, mesa map is too overplayed, max 20, 30 min, then no mesa map for 2,3 rounds

Coregamer
31-07-2022 10:51
Mesa map is TOO OVERPLAYED, stop playing MESA MAP

DarkAngel
13-10-2021 22:19
Hi everyone, how are you people? I hope that we will play Crysis again soon Smile

Freebo
08-02-2020 15:52
Hi and welcome back Albert. Yeah, Some people are still here from time to time. In this very moment not many. But will be at lest few soon.

Albert
08-02-2020 00:26
Greetings! Anyone still here?

momosk
09-03-2018 02:29
My Tutorial CZ/SK How to connect server (: https://www.youtub
e.com/watch?v=eu1L
aCwSW24

Freebo
07-03-2018 22:43
Of course. This the point of our network. Anybody can create own server even with custom maps + anybody will be able to join it. Check http://CryMP.Net - HELP Page.

momosk
07-03-2018 21:04
is it a possibility to create your own server?

momosk
07-03-2018 21:03
nice tnx

Freebo
07-03-2018 19:15
Hi. Yes. It was on-line for years - and will be back soon - but you shouldn't work so good for all. You can try now Shore on Air Battle - no crazy commands!

momosk
07-03-2018 18:44
Hello I wanted to ask you or you could not create a normal server Map, MESA BEACH because these servers where these awkward commands can not be played is not true crysis.

Tupixpl
02-03-2018 21:27
Crysis1 the best

Frankie
08-01-2018 22:34
Hello.

Frisk14
08-01-2018 16:37
hello

SNIPER
08-12-2017 14:09
yap , it was fine on win7 64 bit , i see this issue only on win8.1 ,and thanks for taking care of crysis you and your teammates

Check more messages
View Subject
 Print subject
New date of GameSpy's closing - from 31'st of May to 30th of June
Freebo
Hi.

It looks like EA is really giving all players EXTRA 30 days for Multiplayers.

They have moved GameSpy's closing date from 31'st of May to 30th of June. It's not bad move I have to admit - and I'm sure many young players can respect it because it's around the time school ends also Smile

So we have again 6 weeks from now to prepare patches or modes to make Crysis 1 Multiplayer playable - starting in 1'st of July. I'm sure it's enough time for that concidering lot of things are finished already. ( Official updated from EA - http://www.ea.com...ce-updates )

MAP AUTO DOWNLOADER !!! (???)

- Because of the fact that we all need to patch our Crysis after 30th of June - anyway - So that would be great to finally creat Map Auto Downloader for Crysis 1 - to make it work the way it works in Crysis Wars (only good thing there). I'm sure it won't be that hard for programmers from German Crysis or Zi. It's really worth it.

We would have Perfect multiplayer with new maps created every week by community - maps that everyone (as in CW) can join even if being a lazy player - just by clicking download while enterin the server.

Can you imagine what change would that be for us ?
I was waiting for it at least 3 years and I'm sure it would change Crysis 1 a lot. It would be like a nice surprise everyday - you go check servers list and you see 2-3 100% new maps with new terrain, effects and new custom skins and textures - all to check. NO LIMITS !!

Or at least the same map but with many new particles, willages, Cities, textures - belive me - I really change my maps almost every month (new ideas) so some of them would be different almost every 14-30 days - all without installing by lazy players Smile

I know that only one thing that doesn't work for Map Auto Downloader are 100% custom objects - made in 3DStudio or downloaded form Google (all has to be installed like standard map - the way it works today - to be seen on map) - But all the rest - including custom skins, custom textures - all would be dowloaded just while entering the server.

This is what I call New Age of Crysis 1. Even all those 70 old (4-5 years some of them) maps are not so universal as Map Auto Downloader in any kind of Multiplayer.

I hope it will be possible to achieve in 6 weeks. I just need to contact right kind of people.

What do YOU think of that ? ...

Frankie
Well, another month is nice, how else Smile. And about Map Downloader as in CW was ? We talked about it many times before. Would be great for Crysis, opening new ways and really like you said "like a nice surprise everyday" Wink. I have seen it in Crysis Wars, works nice, played on many maps that never were in Crysis 1, lot of maps were made but nobody knew them or played them, because not many good solutions to let people know about it and it was/is hard to explain to that kind of players who just play and donīt care about anything else.. Hope you understand what I mean. I was same before Smile, was so hard for me to just download and instal map. I had luck, and now i ask myself like "what was so hard to get up ?". Auto Downloader should be in Crysis 1 before...
However, I donīt understand these thinks so well to talk about it more. Just need to wait Grin.
Frankie

Freebo
Let's be optimistic on that - we still have 6 weeks.
During my conversations with DieAerzte94 (GS owner) I have already suggested AutoDownloader in Crysis 1 patch that is being prepared by German Crysis - He agrees that this is good idea and they will try to put it there (depending on time). So let's hope autodownloader will work in C1 soon - because it can really change it to maximum universal MP - the game that is changing every week - depending on the activity and creativity of players and mappers Wink
There is a hope for the future - because Ideas for maps and mods are UNLIMITED.

Frankie
Right, but still very hard to believe it.. Just looks too much good... Just wait.

Zivy
What a shame that I never played Wars, so I don't know how it works Grin

Frankie
Well, sometimes I regret that I ever played it. But good for knowledge of all those thingns.

Freebo
I have bad news guys - DieAerzte94 told me that he talked with German Crysis programmers and they have said - it won't be possible to make autodownloader in such a short time (6 weeks)

So - we won't have it in Crysis 1 in that "global", "default" patch. Maybe in the future I will need to work on some patch (with maps, mods etc) as I always planned - hoping that 10-15 peple will download it Smile But what can I do.

Zi - I don't know about you but (hard to say when you joking and when telling the truth sometimes - haha) I have played Crysis Wars for 2 hours ony in a life time - and I hated it a lot because as we all know without Circle Jumping and Wall Jumping it just doesn't make sense. I felt just stupid playing there.

But Maps Autodownloader - felt really amazing - and maybe - this is the reason I will put some of my maps on Crysis Wars servers (sure I will probably not play there) but maps like Necropolis is prepared for it because it has mods like "Icarus Mod" or "Paramotor" that works the same way in Crysis Wars - making it fun to play - so no Circle Jumping and no Wall Jumping is not a big problem Smile Feels almost like Crysis 1 on this map - the difference is - anybody who enters server can play it (just by autodownloading the map). Yeah it's a small difference Smile

But again - so sad we won't have autodownloader here. I guess some maps are just ment to be played for 10-15 players in Crysis 1 and that's it. I need to think about soulutions till the end of 2014 because later it can be 2 late for that.

No more about autodownloader on this portal. That's it.

Zivy
Crysis Wars = paid patch Grin
Crysis 1.0 = 5767
Crysis 1.2.1 = 6156
Crysis Wars 1.5 = 6729
5767 => 6156 =>6729 ... seems just like an other patch for Crysis 1.
Tell Microsoft programmers to implement UNZIP in CMDPROMPT just like there is something like that on *nix, and you have auto-downloader from me ready Smile

Freebo
Thanks man. You are right - looks like Crysis Wars is just another patch for Crysis 1. But I thought autodowloader is somewhere deep in the core and can't be separate in easy way. But I never go that deep into game moding - so I'm not an expert at all.

Nice - but how does Crysis Wars unzip it just like that and runs the map in few seconds - that was always little strange for me.

I will check it again and talk to people as you say. But anyway - I don't think it will be good solution to make another patch with autodowloader - unless you will put it in your patch and yur patch wil be popular enough to have at least 100 players a week on it.

Just too many options. and we just wanted our old Crysis with few new things as "default" the oly one patch that will save this multiplayer. We need to wait and see.

Thanks again - and you can be sure we will talk about mods solutions, combining things together because I work on many things at once but there are some - that I just can't build alone.
At least there are ideas and goodwill.

Zivy
OK, I got idea how it could work, but maps have to be in correct format - they must be in Zip and that Zip must contain folder Levels with folder Multiplayer\IA/PS\...
So final structure of Zip:
+Levels
|
+-+Muliplayer
|
+-+IA or PS
|
+-+Map name...

Zivy
Sooo... I just made it and it works without flaws, I hope. Only different is that it asks for Admin rights, because it needs to download map to Crysis\Game\... folder, which is protected.

Freebo
Great. The structure of folders in Zip is not a problem because it's prepared by the map creator who should know more advanced things than this Smile If he doesn't - what kind of designer is he Smile So the problem is not there.

But I don't know how people manage their admin rights - Can't tell if this can be the problem for most of them or not. The main idea of Autodownloader is make it possible to enter the server for 5 years old player just by clicking a button (it works like that in CW - player doesn't even need to know how to read)

That's really great you are working on this finally.

One more thing... As I know Crysis Wars is not downloading maps to standard levels\multiplayer\ folder but to system users folder - so for example C:\users\Freebo\My Documents\My Games\Crysis Wars\Downloads\Levels\multiplayer\IA\...

So maps that are downloaded from websites and installed by user are in standard game's folder - but those installed by Autodowloader are outside - in user's folder. Maybe that is the way to make admin rights to go away. But I guess it will be harder for you to make because Crysis 1 won't look for maps in user's folder just like that.

But again - your way (Autodowloader that dowloads to standard game's folder) is more universal - because it suports maps with custom objects also (important for me). There is a problem with those in CW's solution.

So I'd love to see your way working - but I don't know if Admin rights won't be a problem for some players. Maybe there is possible to make it create folder like C:\Maps - unprotected one and force Crysis somehow to look for maps there - but it's way too far from easy solution I think.

I can't wait to test and see it working in game.

Zivy
Admin rights = make prompt with question "Allow rights?" "Yes / No" buttons, thats all Grin Just like when you install something and installer asks you for it.

Freebo
Yeah I know that. But it's not about me but just users downloading maps Smile I guess it really looks that easy from client's perspective. Let me know when it will be ready for some testing.

I still don't know - does it work in game ? Or only as some kind of application that user Can install to make it easy to get a map - but he doesn't have to if he wants to do it the old way (so it's not included in games patch). Does it work while entering the server as in CW? So entering server with custom maps means getting info like "you don't have this map do you want to install it" - and after confirmation - 20 seconds of downloading - and you are connected to server with this map on. That would be perfect for the future of Crysis. I don't know about your solutions on this.

So when you find some time for this - send some info. Maybe it's possible to make it work as it does in CW (but it should be in patch in this case).

===
By the way - I wish I could do more programming - because I had many ideas for Crysis developing during last - over 3 years and I always knew what I wan't to achieve - even tried few funny ways - but I was not good enough to make it work. It's not my thing to get deep into the code. Java, php, lua, flowgraphs - sure not a problem - but that's it Smile
Sometimes it seems like most of programmers who really CAN do it ALL - have no ideas what to do Smile - or any need to work on new things. This is what I just don't understand. But I guess that's why cooperation is needed in those cases.

I had a dream to develope Crysis to something nobody knew before (even more universal) - and I'm sure just by some simple patching - it can be done because I saw few great mod's and putting all together + inserting new options - woldn't be a problem for programmers.

Now when GameSpy is finally dying - there is opportunity to put some of those ideas in patch - because anybody will need to patch Crysis anyway - so giving extra options will be just "by the way" and also for everyone who wants to play any Crysis. Because from 1 of July there will be no old Crysis - even if change will be very small - it will sill be one - so why not change more and give it development for the future. If I just could do that - I would put about 2000 hours if my evenings and nights time in that - Would be worth much more than about 2000 hours I have put in my maps, mods and videos so far Smile Who cares here anymore. That's for sure. So maybe there is a chance for some of it. But it's just another story

Thanks for any more info about your Autodowloader - as I've asked above.

Zivy
So it just became real and SafeWritingClient-v4 is already out! It contains map-downloader, but ofcourse server must run SSM SafeWriting to provide link to master-server ))

Freebo
Yeah I saw on your forum info about that. I think I will try it soon. Hope it works the way I wanted.

Thanks for listening to my ideas and suggestions. Right programmer in right place Smile

By the way. My servers with Server Side Maps are ON-LINE now. Starting today (7th of June). Running on old SafeWriting 2.1.2.

Just check { CrysisUniverse.com } servers. I hope you like the way to use SafeWriting. I've been trying to achieve this for 3 years.

Now it's possible with this SSM. Just hope it will be alive after 30th of June also Smile I wish I could have this tool 3 years ago. No limits for Creation.

Here is today's Youtube about that: https://www.youtu...w&hd=1

Zivy
Nice maps, I will connect ASAP to check it out, momentally I canīt.

Running old SafeWriting 2.1.2 isnīt best idea, due to lack of DLL support (which is for 32bit only anyway - provides better anticheat, hiding chat commands, and MASTER-SERVER) + LevelDesigner works there 95%.

Zivy
Or as I see in video, it is somehow mixed and works Smile 2.1.2 with DLL. But only lastest 2.6.1 has got implemented code, which shares download link of map with mapdowloader in server-list.

Freebo
Thanks Smile Yes sure. I know that all about 2.6.1 Smile

That's why I plan to implement my mods and server side maps to latest SafeWriting. This server side maps doesn't need autodowloader ofcourse but my other servers with my custom maps will need it for sure Smile ) But no matter what - all servers needs servers list support (as you know for me it's the most important thing after GameSpy's death).

So I will work with 2.6.1 after 30th of June. But I still - I need to check what GC will prepare (maybe real in-game servers list is possible for them to do somehow).

The truth is - That would be great to have you all working together on this project as programmers (and me as a moder and kind of consultant).

Your great solutions with their skills, and code (who knows what they've got there). But what can I say. Sometimes is hard to cooperate Smile

I just hope Crysis will have great future because of all those works. I won't stop. That's for sure.

Thanks again for hearing my suggestions and developing SafeWriting. I have other ideas there for the future. But we have to wait and check how community will react after 30th. If it survives I will send you another suggestions and ideas for usefull functions that are probably not hard to develope.

Look at my Server Side Maps. It was not possible for years. Only Aegis and Aegis only items, no objects. For so many years nobody could creat this kind of tool for mappers. Thanks for working on that. Hope it's not the end - because now it starts to make sense Smile

Jump to Forum: