Main Menu
On-line in Portal
» Guests: 1
» Members: 0
Users on Chat now
Short Messages

Coregamer
31-07-2022 10:52
Add mor emaps, admin to server like Alien invasion, mesa map is too overplayed, max 20, 30 min, then no mesa map for 2,3 rounds

Coregamer
31-07-2022 10:51
Mesa map is TOO OVERPLAYED, stop playing MESA MAP

DarkAngel
13-10-2021 22:19
Hi everyone, how are you people? I hope that we will play Crysis again soon Smile

Freebo
08-02-2020 15:52
Hi and welcome back Albert. Yeah, Some people are still here from time to time. In this very moment not many. But will be at lest few soon.

Albert
08-02-2020 00:26
Greetings! Anyone still here?

momosk
09-03-2018 02:29
My Tutorial CZ/SK How to connect server (: https://www.youtub
e.com/watch?v=eu1L
aCwSW24

Freebo
07-03-2018 22:43
Of course. This the point of our network. Anybody can create own server even with custom maps + anybody will be able to join it. Check http://CryMP.Net - HELP Page.

momosk
07-03-2018 21:04
is it a possibility to create your own server?

momosk
07-03-2018 21:03
nice tnx

Freebo
07-03-2018 19:15
Hi. Yes. It was on-line for years - and will be back soon - but you shouldn't work so good for all. You can try now Shore on Air Battle - no crazy commands!

momosk
07-03-2018 18:44
Hello I wanted to ask you or you could not create a normal server Map, MESA BEACH because these servers where these awkward commands can not be played is not true crysis.

Tupixpl
02-03-2018 21:27
Crysis1 the best

Frankie
08-01-2018 22:34
Hello.

Frisk14
08-01-2018 16:37
hello

SNIPER
08-12-2017 14:09
yap , it was fine on win7 64 bit , i see this issue only on win8.1 ,and thanks for taking care of crysis you and your teammates

Check more messages
View Subject
 Print subject
Autodownloader's future - requests
Freebo
Hi.

Because Map downloader was always the thing I missed in Crysis 5767 ( I remember talking about creating the one 3 years ago with one US programmer - but it didn't make sense while classic Crysis was working that time ) - I'm glad my ideas were heard by you Zi in May - 2 months ago:
( http://crysis1.co...read_id=23 )
and finally it works here, after fixes looks very nice. Maybe It's not perfect for most beginners yet because it can't work 100% the same as it has in Crysis Wars before (in game with in-game servers list) but for me it's almost perfect.

Finally changing some thing on my custom maps each month won't be a problem. I remember asking friends to download and install my Steel Mill Open ( like 7 times each year - because I was adding there new things all the time ). It wasn't a problem for most of them but still - after finding out that they can't enter the server because they had old version of map - they had to go to mapsexplorer.com website find, the link, download map's zip file, unpack it, open the right folder, put it there, restart the game and finally enter the server. It took every time around 5-10 minutes - and I'm talking about friend's who know how to do it and who wanted to joing server with this map. 99% of others didn't even know how to install it how to find the link (no matter that servers name was MapsExplorer.com) - This is why I always thought Crysis Wars (which I never was fan of) has this one great advantage. Ther Anybody could enter server with custom map without even knowing that the map is custom. All he had to do is confirm on downloader panel - that he want the map and wait few seconds.

Downloader that we have now in Crysis and maybe in the future in other Crysis mods - thanks to Zi's help - in my opinion is much better than CW's.

Why ? Because of 3 basic things:

1. You are not being informed that you don't have the map so downloading and extracting runs much faster. (Only the interface still looks like alpha so it can look scarry for beginners).

2. Files of the map are being extracted and installed the same place where other maps are - the way it should be. Not like in Crysis Wars . Maybe you don't even know that Zi or don't remember it ( I've told you before on: http://crysis1.co...read_id=23 ) - in CW files are being extracted to Users/Freebo/My Documents/My Games/Crysis Wars/Downloads/Levels/Multiiplayer/IA and are being kept in different place than main maps or those downloaded and installedy manually. I never liked CW's idea for it. So your solution is much better in my opinion.

3. You have all sources and to this downloader so it can be moded the way we want it (I don't think it's possible with CW downloader). It's very flexible thanks to it.

So it's almost perfect even on this basic version but for start I have 2 quick things here from me (next ideas will come little later)

1. During map dowloading - wouldn't it be better to add some info like "Map is downloading/installing, Please don't close this window" - in case of heavy maps ( 50MB ) that are dowloading over 1 minute. Some new users can be a little confused without this info. (that's why you have put "connecting to.." info while connecting to server)

2. On the list with servers - is it necessary to show map as "ia/newmap" instead of just "newmap". I know the map is not default like "steel mill" etc. but that would look more pro without just showing the path to map with"/". I know it's probably because on servers list there is no info about "PS" or "IA" mode - but I don't think it's so important right now to know for player what mode the map is in. Or maybe even it will be possible to show on the list in different column info about it.

3. little later.... in next post I think.

What do you think about it ? ...

Zivy
Like this? Smile
[img]http://s11.postimg.org/nc5cdqrhf/image.png[/img]

Freebo
Yes something like this looks nice Smile Can be very useful for heavy maps. Great.

Freebo
Because first two were easy for you to make - here comes third point of requests that I was thinking about and I'm not sure if it works now:

3. Don't you think that would be nice to have downloader which can check if client has the right version of the map ? Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm not sure our downloader can detect the version of the map - latest one that is runing on server.

For example (like that problem that I was describing before - when I was changing/patching my maps few times in a year) - designer makes the map, map goes in rotation - during few next weeks players are entering the server so they are automaticly downloading the map (while first time).

Unfortunately designer decides to add some things or fix others on the same map (no problem with that on Server Side Maps Smile ). So che changes things, puts new version of the map on server and starting from now each player connecting the server should (without asking) get the map downloaded again and installed in the same folder (simply replaced) - the way it worked when he was trying to enter the server with this map for the first time.

Would be nice to make downloader check Level.PAK file on client's side (weight of it for example) and compare it with the one that is on server side.

The problem here is that dowloader can't compare "Level.pak" that is in packed in .zip and prepared for downloading - because downloading and extracting would be rquired first - and it can't start before downloader will compare files Smile

So maybe there is some way to put some info by admin manualy on server side about the size of "Level.pak" file of chosen map in "settings.lua"? Or maybe some other way ?

I'm sure it's possible to make it in easy way. I'm just not sure how exactly.

Autodowloader with this feature would be perfect for developers, designers and moders - making all maps (no matter how often changed - always accessable by players).

I hope you'll find the way - how to achieve this. Unless you have another idea.

Jump to Forum: