Main Menu
On-line in Portal
» Guests: 1
» Members: 0
Users on Chat now
Short Messages

Coregamer
31-07-2022 10:52
Add mor emaps, admin to server like Alien invasion, mesa map is too overplayed, max 20, 30 min, then no mesa map for 2,3 rounds

Coregamer
31-07-2022 10:51
Mesa map is TOO OVERPLAYED, stop playing MESA MAP

DarkAngel
13-10-2021 22:19
Hi everyone, how are you people? I hope that we will play Crysis again soon Smile

Freebo
08-02-2020 15:52
Hi and welcome back Albert. Yeah, Some people are still here from time to time. In this very moment not many. But will be at lest few soon.

Albert
08-02-2020 00:26
Greetings! Anyone still here?

momosk
09-03-2018 02:29
My Tutorial CZ/SK How to connect server (: https://www.youtub
e.com/watch?v=eu1L
aCwSW24

Freebo
07-03-2018 22:43
Of course. This the point of our network. Anybody can create own server even with custom maps + anybody will be able to join it. Check http://CryMP.Net - HELP Page.

momosk
07-03-2018 21:04
is it a possibility to create your own server?

momosk
07-03-2018 21:03
nice tnx

Freebo
07-03-2018 19:15
Hi. Yes. It was on-line for years - and will be back soon - but you shouldn't work so good for all. You can try now Shore on Air Battle - no crazy commands!

momosk
07-03-2018 18:44
Hello I wanted to ask you or you could not create a normal server Map, MESA BEACH because these servers where these awkward commands can not be played is not true crysis.

Tupixpl
02-03-2018 21:27
Crysis1 the best

Frankie
08-01-2018 22:34
Hello.

Frisk14
08-01-2018 16:37
hello

SNIPER
08-12-2017 14:09
yap , it was fine on win7 64 bit , i see this issue only on win8.1 ,and thanks for taking care of crysis you and your teammates

Check more messages
View Subject
Crysis 1 Multiplayer - Unofficial Fan Portal » CRYSIS 1 SERVERS ONLY - How and Where to Play » Own dedicated servers
 Print subject
CryFire information
JosephCorber
First of all, hi everyone and good New Year's Eve in advance.
I was playing around with the Hunter and Scout scripts in an attempt to find a workaround for the missing native AI in multiplayer. I know this has been an hot topic over the years and while some simply said "It's not possible, forget it", others have found a way to bypass this limitation by implementing their own fake AI (I managed to accomplish some small tasks like making them walk/fly by themselves and attack a player with LUA, but I'm stuck at some simple things like rotating the aliens to face their target etc...).

Then I stumbled across CryFire which seems to have done the job already (at least from what I can see in this video https://www.youtu...IPYsic5es) and is available for download here: is the "Alien Mod" mentioned in the description on YouTube included as well, or is it something unique to HotSpot servers and for "internal use" only?

misterSD
Hs alien mod was my second favorite server before it down (2 years ago (because scripts are broken )).
However I hope he will come back someday because fight a hunter is very fun ))

JosephCorber
If the issue is in the scripts maybe I could offer some help, I did some LUA customizations in the past.

Zivy
Hello there, as far as I know, "AI" was implemeted by virtually creating hits and impulses on aliens, it gives sense, if you create 10000 Newton second impulse on object, it gotta move because of physics. But that's just really basic description of how-to, there was lot of work behind it of course to make it look good enough

JosephCorber
Yep, that's pretty much what I did too. Do you know by chance how to make them turn, that is make sure that they are facing the right direction on the client? Server-side, SetAngles() and SetDirectionVector() succeed and the orientation is changed, but client-side their visual representation does not get updated.

Zivy
Well, you would need to ask Hip for that, it was his server and his script, but I guess hit the alien from different angle? Like hit from north-east so it goes turns to south-west

JosephCorber
Thanks for the info, I'll try to contact him to see if I can be of help. This is mainly for "academic" reasons and for giggles: I think Crysis is not to be limited to aim maps / vehicle combat, it has so much hidden potential it is a waste not to try something different once in a while. In my opinion, many aspects of the game are underestimated by the majority of people and this is quite sad. Let's make it a fun place to stay Grin

Albert
I always imagined that if AI would've been implemented, you could "Hire" Korean/USA soldiers that would assist you, follow you or be your gunner in a vehicle, with Ceph units ocasionally coming out of hiding if a prototype would get constructed... I was so dissapointed with that.

Also, what was alien mod?

Freebo
Albert - "Alien mod" ? something you could call things that HipHip managed to implement on HotSpot/Cryfire server. To make alliens follow and react to players almost like in SP. Almost. But it was really cool thing to see in MP working.
Check this 3 years old video - 5th minute of it:
www.youtube.com/w...

This server was on-line for around 1 year on our network and we could really interact with hunter and others. Crazy stuff to see in MP. But now it's gone for a while I guess. Let's hope HipHip is going to bring it back some day and add some new stuff to it.

And those things you were talking about Albert - like all AI im MP - of course we would love to see it but it's not possible so far - especially on serverside. Even not on client side. Even co-op mod for CW which requires client side installation doesn't work as it should, is unfinished and unplayable to tell the truth.

So 10 years of Crysis and nobody still managed to activate 100% AI in Multiplayer. Beside those Allien things on Cryfire mentioned here. But it's not enough. Soldiers would make huge difference.

Maybe some day some genius will be able to do something about that. I doubt it after all those years. But you never know. Crazy things can happen in Crysis MP in the future. ...

JosephCorber
The lack of source code access for the AI part is the main issue here, that's why all we can do is to try with some roundabout method to simulate its behavior.

Some parts of it are also working in multiplayer matches (the Hunter's penchant to follow allied units is an example) but it's obviously just a starting point and far from being put to good use on its own.

Do you guys by any chance have some interesting links on guides about learning how to use flowgraphs?

Albert
Thanks a lot for your explanation, but I cannot bring myself to understand why it stopped working - the game was forgotten by developers, right? did they updated it? Fixed infamous 64-bit issues?

Freebo
Albert. The game was forgotten by developers - yes. Why ? Answer is very easy. This MP game is 10 years old, was not well protected against crackers so was abused by ignorants and software thieves.

It stopped bringing money to it's creators and publishers so they didn't see the reason to support it anymore since 2014. In case you didn't know - they don't care about fans or fun of those who have bought the game years ago, don't also care about the game itself. They care only about money.

This is why we had to take care of MP to have fun with it for next 10 or even more years.

Latest official patch from creator was out in 2008 - so this is the moment when they stopped any kind of works on Crysis, and finally killed MP in 2014. I just hope you're gonna have it working. Still some servers have even 22 players (this month report). It's not dead even though they wanted to kill it long ago and dump in to trash. All depends on players now. Have fun as soon as you can.

PS: Albert - to make sure you've seen that - check out my answer to your post here: http://crysis1.co...ead_id=111 ...

misterSD
!hs alien invasion is back !!!

Jump to Forum: