Main Menu
On-line in Portal
» Guests: 1
» Members: 0
Users on Chat now
Short Messages

Coregamer
31-07-2022 10:52
Add mor emaps, admin to server like Alien invasion, mesa map is too overplayed, max 20, 30 min, then no mesa map for 2,3 rounds

Coregamer
31-07-2022 10:51
Mesa map is TOO OVERPLAYED, stop playing MESA MAP

DarkAngel
13-10-2021 22:19
Hi everyone, how are you people? I hope that we will play Crysis again soon Smile

Freebo
08-02-2020 15:52
Hi and welcome back Albert. Yeah, Some people are still here from time to time. In this very moment not many. But will be at lest few soon.

Albert
08-02-2020 00:26
Greetings! Anyone still here?

momosk
09-03-2018 02:29
My Tutorial CZ/SK How to connect server (: https://www.youtub
e.com/watch?v=eu1L
aCwSW24

Freebo
07-03-2018 22:43
Of course. This the point of our network. Anybody can create own server even with custom maps + anybody will be able to join it. Check http://CryMP.Net - HELP Page.

momosk
07-03-2018 21:04
is it a possibility to create your own server?

momosk
07-03-2018 21:03
nice tnx

Freebo
07-03-2018 19:15
Hi. Yes. It was on-line for years - and will be back soon - but you shouldn't work so good for all. You can try now Shore on Air Battle - no crazy commands!

momosk
07-03-2018 18:44
Hello I wanted to ask you or you could not create a normal server Map, MESA BEACH because these servers where these awkward commands can not be played is not true crysis.

Tupixpl
02-03-2018 21:27
Crysis1 the best

Frankie
08-01-2018 22:34
Hello.

Frisk14
08-01-2018 16:37
hello

SNIPER
08-12-2017 14:09
yap , it was fine on win7 64 bit , i see this issue only on win8.1 ,and thanks for taking care of crysis you and your teammates

Check more messages
View Subject
 Print subject
Crysis Net Code & Lag
Heel
I know that C1 was considered to be poorly optimized and laggy from the beginning and therefore not the most competitive game (but a very fun one). Besides only Ping and FPS I've noticed from watching many videos posted by others that on different servers players can lag less or more and can greatly effect how they see other players moving.

There is a player, for example , who is American who has posted this old video: https://www.youtu...WbYD1AYrAg

this is a clear example of someone who is able to see his opponents movements very easily and clearly, and therefore he appears to be very skilled, but is he just benefiting from a great connection to the server? He does not play with exceptionally low ping or high frame rates (only about 50). Is C1 net code really so inconsistent? ...

Freebo
Hi

The answer is "Not At All" Smile it's not that bad in Crysis 1.
Yes - I can agree that it's not as good as in new games where someone with ping over 120 can play just like others and his moves are the same and not laggy. But it not that bad for example for all european players playing on european servers.

Most of players from Europe - no matter what country they come from - have ping from 20 - 120. And this is the range that is not a problem in the case of lagging in Crysis. To tell the truth only pings over 130 and above can cause serious lags. It happens with players with very bad internet connections or those who are uploading somewhere files, playing the same time It applys to about 15-20% of players - max.

The is when on european server comes player from US or Austraila. His ping is around 300 or even 400. This is very laggy. It's almost hard to shoot him even if he is not a pro fighter and he doesn't move a lot. He can win some fights very easy sometimes.
I knew some players 2-3 years ago from US and Autralia with good connections but because of the distance they were lagging like hell (ping over 300). I also knew few players from Europe with bad connections. They had ping over 150 - and fighting with them wasn't very fair Smile

But as I've said it's only for 20% of players max. Most's ping is under 120.

As you probably know most popular servers for Crysis 1 are using SSMs and are moded, protected against hackers - so Ping is also under control there. As far as I know on most of servers player who's ping is over 150 is always kicked from server right after 3 warnings. Admin can always set the limit of acceptable ping so it's not a problem to manage this issue.

I don't use ping kicking on all of my servers right now - because my servers are more for fun. Jumping, flying, driving vehicles, etc... so it's not important there. Better is to let play even those guys with bad internet than let them leave this great game.

But every time - when I set some IA server for aiming practice - I always put there ping limit (130 mostely) becase fighting - the way you show on that video - against players with bad connection or who are over 5000 km away - is just not fair for the rest. Those players will always win the fight.

Ping around 20,40 or 50 that you are asking about or even 120 is really not a problem even in our great old Crysis. Belive me.

The problem wih US palayers nowadays is that they needs to use US servers only - and I'm sure almost nobody from US plays Crysis 1 anymore. Maybe on some Lans but on internet servers ? - maybe 1 against 99 from Europe, Russia, Algieria, England - so quite close countries. Not from Australia and US anymore - as it was 3 years ago as I remember.

Heel
I think that is one of the truths, but perhaps there are more bugs with net code than what is known by us? As a long time US player myself, I can say that sometimes facing other US players with same ping they could kill me before I can barely shoot 3 round bursts. And on servers from Germany where I played with 140 ping, I never had the advantage like you would think. My idea is that lag is random and can work invertedly, that's not always about ping.

I cannot show too much proof of this theory, but I've watched 50 different 1 vs 1 matches from YouTube and there is a difference in how the players move. And the best players usually have the smoothest connection to the server, no surprises. i can't put this theory into more technical terms because I'm neither a coder nor developer.

Freebo
One thing you are right about here. My mistake - It was over 2 yers ago when I had 2 US friends on servers and I forgot. That is true that US friends had ping around 150 not 300. 300 had only 2 Australian players taht I knew - and they had the highest Ping I've ever seen. So it wasn't so bad on European servers for US players.

Because of that - your 140 can be quite normal here - it was the same for all US guys now I remember. Comparing to other players from Euorope with ping 20-40 - 140 was always high anyway. But still - as you said - not good enough to have advantages during the fight Smile I have limit for IA servers set on 130 for a reason - because 130 means (for me) that there can start the "advantage" of player with higher ping - but it doesn't have to be there yet... Not so much of it at 130-140.

You can see it really about 180 - Here I'm sure on 100%. I saw it in action many times. And over it it's crazy. For example Australian players with 300 - look more like hackers even than just laggers - because they have so much of it Smile

So I think 140 is not a problem but it probably depend also on the server. Some servers are working not fast enough, some PCs are just home PCs that are not fast enough and guys are still running there servers for 30 players at the same time on one map. So I'd call 130-140 the line that shouldn't be crossed for fair play gaming. But of'course it means nothing sometimes. Even on my fun servers you can play with ping over 300.

But in my opinion - if you want to be sure that your skill is really a skill not the advantage of high PING - it's better to play on servers where your ping is lower than 120. It's my opinion but I was always very sensitive about this subject. That's why my 24/7 servers were called <Fair Play> for over 3 years Smile

I'm not sure if I can agree that the one who has smoothest connection can win easier. That's because I'm sure that when your PC sends info about your position longer than other's PCs about their positions - they see your posiotion with a dellay of 1/5 of a second or something like that - so they see you lagging Remember that sending always lasts longer than downloading data package from internet - so lagger is downloading other players position faster than they are downloading/receiving his - because he just sends it slower Smile So even though it looks smooth (I mean moves of the player with ping around 150) there is still a small delay. They shoot the place where lagger doesn't stand anymore - but their PC get's this info to late - so they will always miss a bit.

But it's also only my observation and maybe I'm just wrong after all those years. We need some real expert on lagging here for sure.

Anway - you can always test it with some friends in US also - for example on your PC on your own server. Just during the game start some uploading - for example upload some 2GB file on any FTP server or send heavy e-mail (it will last some time) - also start downloading something - and check your ping - it should grow from 0 to 60-80 sometimes (because of uploading not downloading) - if not you can upload another file at the same time and you will have higher ping (maybe even 150) for sure. You can test how your higher ping will affect your friends aiming after that Smile - and all will be solved.

Just my simple idea for testing your or my theory. Good luck.

spit
Well now you have 2 Canadians on your servers, Obalys and me (spit) and we are having a lot of fun.We both have 140 -150 ping and it seems Perfectly playable when we 1v1 on poolday.

I just want to say thanks for making this wonderful game available for people to play and the auto downloader is AMAZING.

I am going to try and host my own NA server soon, assuming that is ok with you.

Thanks again and see you on Saturday.

Freebo
TThat's nice. I thought you were the only Canadian. It's great you're having fun now. I hope more Canadian or US guys will come (I met 2 US players last month) to play with the same ping. But of course your ping 100 - 150 is not a problem here. It's good enough.

Sure you can start your own server. Feel free to do that if you need to. But the thing is - creating separated servers for different regions makes this MP fall apart a little bit. But it depends on your needs. If you are able to get 5-10 Canadian players - making your own server for better ping and time-zone would be a good idea.

BTW I was on-line on saturday at 5767 for 3 hours (it was during the Event time on 6156). But I guess you don't use 5767 DVD version anymore on your PC Smile

Anyway good luck, have fun and see you soon.

Jump to Forum: